For me anxiety is something that happens both when I have a need to be anxious and just for the hell of it. At the moment I am suffering a just for the hell of it attack – which has kindly come along hand in hand with some awful headaches , leaving me with too much time to dwell on anything and everything, making it 100% worse and while I cannot give ways to stop anxiety I can hopefully help some of you.
1. Talk to someone, no matter who it is be it friend or family member let them know how you are feeling – tell them what is worrying you and they may be able to help.
2. Rest when you need to, but don't just lounge around if you have energy to get up and out, doing something you enjoy will help.
3. Do some exercise – while something I can't do much of, I find even a couple lengths in the pool helps ease the feelings for a while.
4. Try and relax – traditional meditation techniques do nothing for me, but it's often possible to work out your own way – I find concentrating on my breathing while stroking one of the animals works for me.
5. Remember you are not alone, support groups both locally and online are available and of course people like me are always open for a natter and a virtual hug when times are tough.
While I would never wish any mental health condition on anyone if you do find yourself suffering, please remember you are not alone. Take a deep breath and talk to someone, anyone you feel will listen and understand. Don't suffer in silence.
Anxiety photo from shutterstock.