One of the good things about looking to move means you get to dream of your perfect home – and the things you would furnish it with, I remember when I moved into this flat, I had hardly any money and I took a trip down to a local charity who helped people moving in I got hold of the most gorgeous Dutch dresser which is still one of my favourite pieces of furniture. But if money were no object I think I would add some of these chests of drawers to my love list.
1. Willis Gambier Camille 8-drawer Chest £850 This solid oak chest is divine I could imagine using this for all my bits and pieces you know the stuff your other half calls ‘junk’ but is actually really important – writing paper, stickers, pens, notebooks they would fit amazingly in the top draws – at least in my imagination.
2. John Lewis Maharani 5 Drawer Chest £399 Got a corner you can’t quite fill then how about this tall set of five drawers; based on Indian designs and hand finished these gorgeous draws to me look like they could be worth a whole lot more than the price tag.
3. little home at John Lewis Amelia 4-drawer Chest £699 Ok so this chest of drawers is made for a kids room, to help make your princess feel just like a princess, but I have to admit when I started looking for some these are the first ones that jumped out at me, maybe sometimes I do have a little bit of girly girl inside me. Just don’t tell anyone please.
4. John Lewis Sophia 7-drawer Chest, Ivory £750 This is based on furniture from French Louis XV style, I have to admit I think curves often draw me in rather than straight edges, the soft, smooth lines seem to fit more with my taste, straight edges can be a little to clinical. I would love this piece for in my bedroom I have to say.
5. Pierre 3 Drawer Small Chest £350 I love how different this chest looks I could see it making a nice bedside table one each side, although previously I said I didn’t like straight lines this one wins me over just because it’s not your everyday look and that as always is a way to my heart.
6. Leonhard Pfeifer for John Lewis Abbeywood Cabinet £599 Last but not least this number – I can’t decide if I like this one or not, but I had to include it because of the colours, I can see this draw / cupboard mix being right up some peoples streets – definitely a Marmite of the chest of draws world.
Check out more chest of drawers here.
What would you perfect set of drawers look like, are any of these close?
Queen of the Ads: Beautyland